There are two main ways to connect a domain to a hosting account and how you do it depends on what services you want to use.
Which ever method you use it can take up to 24 hours for the changes to take effect.
- Login to your domain registrar.
- Find the DNS (Domain Name System) section, which will look something like the screenshot below.
- Add or replace an ‘A record’ pointing at your server IP Address.
- Add or replace an ‘A record’ pointing www at your server IP Address
5. You will find your server IP address by logging into the hosting control panel at https://cp.kuiperindustries.com and clicking on the [Account] tab. The value you need is the ‘A record IP address’
Hosting and Email
If you plan to use both the website hosting and email provided by a particular server then you can change the name servers.
- Login to your domain registrar
- Find the name server settings, often located under DNS (Domain Name System)
- Remove any existing name servers and replace them with the following :
Then save your changes.
Enable SSL in the hosting control panel on the ‘Domains’ tab, again this can take some time before your site is accessible over https:
Use the ‘Better Search Replace‘ plugin to change any references on your WordPress website from the old URL to the new one.